A brief description of Cenforce:
Cenforce is a renowned medication that is intended to be used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in adult men. It possesses an active drug moiety known as Sildenafil citrate that is most commonly used by those males who have a problem in maintaining or sustaining a firm and long lasting erection.
Mechanism of action of Cenforce:
Sildenafil citrate averts the activity of a PDE5 enzyme that is accountable for the degradation of cGMP. Therefore, it restrains the degradation of cGMP. At the time of sexual stimulation, nitric oxide is released from the endothelial cells and grounds the synthesis of more amount of cGMP in the corpus cavernosum located around the male penile region. Moreover, helps in the flow of blood towards the male penile region. Consequently, helps in maintaining a hard or firm erection.
The dosage regimen of Cenforce:
Commercially, Cenforce is accessible in a tablet dosage form with a dosing strength of 200 mg. A patient needs to take one tablet of Cenforce via the oral route, approximately one hour before getting involved in the intimate session, with ample quantity of water. One tablet of Cenforce begins its action mechanism within 30 minutes of its administration and lasts for 4 to 5 hours. Hence, a patient has to maintain a gap of 24 hours between the two doses of Cenforce. You can take this medication with or without food but must avoid heavy and fatty meals.
Contraindications of Cenforce:
- If you are allergic or hypersensitive to Sildenafil or any other ingredients present in Cenforce, then you should not take this medication.
- Cenforce is contraindicated to be used in the patients under the age of 18 and in women.
Precautions while taking Cenforce:
- Intake of grapefruit or grapefruit juice should be avoided with taking this medication.
- Alcohol and tobacco products are strictly prohibited to use during intake of Cenforce.
- You should avoid the intake of Cenforce in the case of any kidney or liver damage issues, cardiac ailments, bleeding disorders, CNS disorder, or blood pressure related issues.
- If you are taking nitrate drugs for the treatment of chest pain or angina then you should avoid taking this medication.
Side effects of Cenforce:
Some common side effects of Cenforce include dizziness, drowsiness, indigestion, upset stomach, sore throat, nausea, facial flushing, vomiting, and chest pain.