Dianette Birth Control Pill
Dianette (Cyproterone acetate + Ethinyl estradiol) is a combined oral contraceptive pill if it is consumed correctly. It can also be used to treat skin problems such as severe acne, very oily skin, and excess hair growth in women of reproductive age.
Action Mechanism of Dianette Pill
Dianette contains Cyproterone acetate and Ethinyl estradiol, which has anti-androgen activity in men and women. It helps by blocking the androgens receptors in the body and produce inhibitory action on progress acne and Hirsutism. It also decreases the quantity of androgens created by the ovaries. The sebaceous glands are not affected by androgens, so they do not overproduce sebum or increase excess hair development.
Dianette Pill contains an estrogen and progestin prevents the release of eggs and also makes the mucus in the neck of the uterus thick. This makes the entry of sperm in uterus difficult, and makes the lining of the uterus inappropriate for an egg to grow on.
Contraindication of Dianette Contraceptive Pill:
- Do not use Dianette if any person is intolerant to this medication.
- It is contraindicated in pregnant female or breastfeeding mother.
- Do not use this medicine if any person have an own previous history of blood clots, and breast cancer.
- Never use this medication if you have a greater chance of blood clots, had a heart attack, severe diabetes, migraines, mysterious vaginal bleeding, and liver disorder or jaundice.
- It should not be used if any person is suffering from problems like angina, and high blood pressure.
- It is contraindicated in obese people or smokers.
- It should not be consumed by people who are over 35 years of age.
Drug interaction of Dianette Birth Control:
- Do not consume Dianette along with antibiotics like Ampicillin and Rifampicin. Avoid the use of this drug concurrently with antifungal medicine like Griseofulvin.
- It should not be used with anti- inflammatory medicine like Phenylbutazon.
- Do not use this medicine with epileptic drugs like Primidone, Phenobarbitone, Barbiturate and Carbamazepine
- It should not be used with Tetracycline’s as it may decrease the effectiveness of this medicine
Dosage of Dianette Tablets:
For birth control: Dianette is available in strips of 21 pills taken orally in a day of the week.
- Consume this medicine at the same time every day.
- Initiate by consuming a pill marked with the right day of the week.
- Follow the way of the arrows on the strip. Consume one pill each day, until you have consumed all 21 pills.
- Ingest each pill whole, with water if required. You should not be chewed the pill.
- After consumption of all 21 tablets, you should not consume a tablet in 7 days.
- After 7 days consume your next pack of Dianette.
It should be consumed for about 3 months for the improvement in acne or Hirsutism.
Side effects of Dianette Pill Contraceptive:
Some frequent side effects may occur while consuming the medicine which includes nausea, stomach pain, vomiting, headache, changes in weight, Breast tenderness, Water retention, high blood pressure, depression, irregular menstrual cycle (lighter periods or heavy bleeding), reduce sex drive changes in your skin, gallstones, and disturbed liver function.
Precautions of Contraceptive Pill Dianette:
- You should only consume Dianette if your skin problems have not better after application of another anti-acne treatment.
- If you are consuming this medicine for skin management, you must not consume another hormonal contraceptive concurrently.