Differin is a gel-based topical preparation, which is mainly prescribed for the treatment of moderate to severe acne. Generic Adapalene is a main remedial constituent found in this gel and it belongs to the class of Retinoids.
Working of Differin gel
Generic Adapalene works by inhibiting the functions of sebaceous gland or oil gland and renewal of skin. It also helps in the modification of old skin to new and fresh skin. Apart from pimple treatment, it helps to diminish scars, elimination of spots and anti-aging gel.
It effectively works by affecting the growth of cells and reduces swelling and inflammation.
Medicinal uses of Differin gel
Differin gel is indicated to treat following diseases like
- Moderate to severe acne
- Swelling and inflammation of the skin
- Aging spots, scars, and marks
- Renew of skin
- Remove blackheads
Contraindications of Differin Gel
- Don't apply Differin gel in case of hypersensitivity towards generic Adapalene, injured, scalded, wounded and scratched skin
- In the case of eczema skin disorders, you should avoid the use of this gel
Drug interactions of Differin gel
- Alcohol and sulphur containing cosmetic products
- Benzoyl peroxide products
- Tonner, scrubber, and cleanser
Storage of Differin gel
- Differin gel should be properly stored at the room temperature and away from the direct contact of heat, sunlight and sunlight
- Keep this gel away from the contact of children
Method of application of Differin Gel
- Differin gel is only for external use
- Properly wash your hands and affected area with mild soap and sufficient amount of water
- Take a pea size of gel and apply on the affected area with soft hands
- Spread a uniform layer on the entire face
- It should be applied especially at night time
Detrimental effects of Differin Gel
- More common side effects of Differin gel are a mild burning sensation, warmth, stinging, itching, irritation and redness of the skin
- Severe adverse effects of Differin gel are swelling of eyes, nose and mouth
- While using this gel, don't apply any kind of skin fairness cream, scrub, and tonner on your face.
- Children under the age of 12 years should not apply this gel.
- Always use sunscreen cream or lotion or wear cotton clothes to protect your skin from the direct contact of sunlight.
- Breastfeeding and pregnant moms should avoid the application of Differin gel.