A brief description of Filagra:
Filagra is a prodigious medication that has a phenomenal application in the treatment of erectile dysfunction in adult males. It encloses of an active drug moiety known as Sildenafil citrate that is most commonly used by those males who have a problem in maintaining or sustaining a firm and long lasting erection.
Mechanism of action of Filagra:
Sildenafil present in Filagra is a PDE-5 enzyme inhibitor and PDE-5 enzyme is responsible for the degradation of cGMP in the corpus cavernosum. Therefore, Filagra averts the degradation of cGMP and stimulates the release of nitric oxide from the endothelial cells. This causes the synthesis of more amount of cGMP and hence causes smooth muscle relaxation. Consequently, increases the flow of blood towards the male penile region. All this helps in maintaining a firm erection.
The dosage regimen of Filagra:
Filagra 50 mg is commercially accessible in a tablet dosage form. A patient should take one tablet of Filagra 50 mg via oral route, approximately one hour before making love session, with ample quantity of water. One dose of Filagra starts showing its action within 30 minutes of its administration and stays in the body for 4 to 5 hours. Therefore, a gap of 24 hours should be maintained between the two doses of Filagra. A patient can take this medication with or without food but avoid consuming fatty and heavy meals.
Contraindications of Filagra:
- A patient allergic or hypersensitive to Sildenafil or any other ingredients present in Filagra, then the patient should not take this medication.
- Filagra is not indicated to be used in patients under the age of 18 or in women.
Precautions while taking Filagra:
- Intake of grapefruit or grapefruit juice should be avoided with taking this medication.
- Alcohol and tobacco products are strictly prohibited to use during intake of Filagra.
- You should avoid the intake of Filagra in the case of any kidney or liver damage issues, cardiac ailments, bleeding disorders, CNS disorder, or blood pressure related issues.
- If you are taking nitrate drugs for the treatment of chest pain or angina then you should avoid taking this medication.
Side effects of Filagra:
Some common side effects of Filagra include a headache, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, facial flushing, tightness in chest, indigestion, upset stomach, dizziness, drowsiness, and diarrhea.