Mifeprex - Mifepristone
Mifeprex is a best drug for terminating undesired pregnancy, which contains Mifepristone as a parent ingredient. This is an amazing formula of steroidal drug, which possesses anti progesterone and ant glucocorticoid activities. This drug successfully terminates the pregnancy of 69 days. As the time period of pregnancy increases, then the effectiveness of this drug simultaneously decreases.
Mechanism of action of Medical Abortion Pill:
This drug shows its effectiveness by:
- Binding to progesterone receptor
- Unable progesterone to bind its receptor
- Blocking the biological response of progesterone
- Softening and dilating the cervix
- Causing decidual necrosis
- Changing the uterine lining
- Increasing uterine contractions
Indications of Mifeprex Abortion Pill:
- Medical abortion for terminating pregnancy
- Emergency birth control
- Treat Cushing's syndrome
Contraindications of Mifeprex Mifepristone:
This drug is contraindicated in patient with some health issues like:
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Nursing and breast feeding mother
- Hypersensitivity to this drug
- IUD in place
- Diabetes and hypertension
- Undiagnosed growth of abdomen
- Bleeding or blood related problem
- Chronic adrenal failure or Addison disorder
Drug interactions of Mifeprex Pill:
Taking this drug along with other medicines may cause drug- drug interactions, which may be harmful to the patients. These medicines are:
- Anti-coagulants and corticosteroids; may cause excessive bleeding
- Certain antibiotics and azole anti-fungal drugs; may increase the risk of side effects
- Anticonvulsant drugs; decreases the effectiveness of Mifepristone
- Non-prescription drugs, herbal drugs and dietary supplements
Storage Conditions of Mifeprex Mifepristone Pill:
• Kept at room temperature ranges from 15 to 30° C.
• Stored in dark, dry and hygienic place,
• Protected from light, heat and moisture.
Dose and mode of administration:
This is an oral dosage form, available in tablet form. Three tablets of this medicine (200 mg) should be taken as single dose, i.e. 600 mg, with plain water.
If you are still pregnant, then take dose of Misoprostol on third day after Mifepristone dose.
Side Effects of Mifeprex Pill:
This drug may cause some short term side effects like:
- Back pain
- Stomach pain and cramping
- Vaginal bleeding
- Fast heartbeat
Safety measures of Mifeprex-Mifepristone Pill:
Some safety measures should be taken while having this drug like:
- Avoid alcohol and grapefruit juice while taking this drug.
- This drug should not be given to the woman, who is older than 35 years old or may consume excessive cigarettes in a day.
- This drug may cause dizziness and drowsiness in patients, so it is beneficial to avoid such work which requires alertness while working.
- Avoid swimming after taking this drug; as this may cause vaginal infection.
- Some lab test should be done after taking this drug to check the efficacy of medicine, your condition and development of side effects like human chorionic gonadotropin levels and ultrasound.