Mircette Birth control Pills
Mircette is a best known oral contraceptive pill recommended to avoid pregnancy. It is a birth control pill consists of two female hormones progestin and estrogen. This medication is also helpful in treatment of regular periods, decrease blood loss and painful periods. It is recommended in the treatment of acne problem in females. The female should take this drug orally per day at the same time.
How Mircette Pill works?
Mircette works by the method of preventing the egg release during menstrual cycle. It also makes the vaginal fluid thicker to avoid sperm from reaching to egg. This drug also makes attachment of an egg to the uterus unsuitable.
Contraindications of Mircette Pill
The use of the drug is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Breast cancer or family history of breast cancer, gallbladder and kidney diseases, liver and asthma problems.
- This medication should not be taken if the person is allergic to Mircette or its components.
Drug Interaction of Mircette Birth Control Pill
Avoid the intake of certain class of drug while taking Mircette such as
Hepatitic C medicines such as ritonavir, dasabuvir and ombitasvir, Aromatase Inhibitors such as exemestane and tamoxifens,
Seizures drugs such as barbiturates and primidone,
AIDS/HIV medications like Atazanavir, Ritonavir and nevirapine etc. are shown to interact with Mircette.
Storage Condition of Mirecette
It should be stored at room temperature. It should be placed out of reach of children and pets. The medication should be kept away from moisture and heat.
How to Use Mircette Medication?
Mircette should be taken by mouth once a day as prescribed by the doctor. Avoid changing and skipping the dosage without doctor recommendation.
What to do In Case of Overdose?
Overdosing of the medication should not be done. In case if overdosing symptoms appears, visit to the nearby doctor immediately.
Side Effects of Mircette Birth Control
The possible side effects of the medication are mentioned as below:
High blood pressure, vaginal bleeding between periods, mental or mood changes, dark urine, change in weight, breast tenderness, yellow eyes or skin, irregular periods, pain in stomach, pain in chest, shortness or fast breathing, swelling in the ankles, hands and feet and pain in jaw, weakness in one side of the body, vision problems, vomiting, sudden headache, nausea, dizziness and fainting etc. are the main side effects of Mircette.
Safety tips of Mircette Birth Control Pill
- If the person had a history of heart attack and heart disease use of this medication is not recommended.
- If the patient is suffering from diabetes, liver, high blood pressure and angina, Mircette should not be taken.
- If the patient is facing the problem of obesity and high cholesterol and depression, intake of this medication should not be done.
- This medication is also not recommended for the person having nodules and breast lumps problems.
- Avoid the use of Mircette for a long time as it may result in some negative reaction.
- This medication should be taken only after doctor consultation if the person is having thyroid problems and vaginal bleeding.
- This medication is not recommended for the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases like HIV.