Norethindrone is a progestin hormone, which is used for the prevention of unwanted pregnancy. It is an effective method of contraception which prevent pregnancy before it introduce. It also used for the alleviation of some menstrual diseases like endometriosis. Pregnancy occurs due to natural hormones like progesterone and estrogen.
Working of Norethindrone Acetate:
Norethindrone contains progesterone and functions by lowering down the release of gonadotropin hormone. It results in the blocking of the release of egg from the ovary. This hormone also changes the cervical mucus and uterine lining due to which it becomes complicated for the sperm to reach an egg.
Contraindication of Norethindrone 5mg
- Avoid consumption of this medicine in case of pregnant female.
- A person sensitive to Norethindrone should avoid consumption of this medicine.
- You should not consume this medicine if you are suffering from various problems like liver disease, blood clot, stroke, and breast cancer.
Drug interaction of Norethindrone Acetate 5 mg:
- Do not use this medicine concurrently with Rifampin.
- It should not be given along with antifungal medication like Ketoconazole
- It should not be used in combination along with Barbiturates drug.
Storage conditions Norethindrone Acetate:
This medicine should be stored at room temperature 250C in a dry and cool place. It should be keep away from the reach of the children. It should be stored away from direct light, heat and moisture.
Dosage and direction for use Norethindrone Acetate 5 mg:
A female should consume one tablet orally regularly at the same time. It can be consumed before or after the diet.
For the management of endometriosis: A woman should use a suggested dose of 5mg of this medication via mouth every day for the period of 2 weeks. It can be increased as per the necessity, depending upon the problem of female.
In case of overdose, this medicine may lead to various symptoms like vomiting, vaginal bleeding, serious stomach pain, and breast tenderness. In this case, the female should speak to her doctor as soon as possible.
A female should avoid omitted of the dose of this tablets, as it results in the increased chance of pregnancy. If a female, who is using this medication for the use of contraception and miss the dose of this medicine then she should call her doctor and she should use a physical barriers (backup method of contraception).
Side effects of Norethindrone Acetate:
The consumption of this tablet may cause some frequent symptoms in some females, which include nausea, drowsiness, weight gain, swelling of breast, stomach discomfort, and hair growth.
Precautions and safety tips while using Norethindrone
- Do not consume more than the recommended dose.
- While consuming this drug, a female should avoid smoking of cigarette.
- This medicine should be consumed with an extra care in case of a female suffering from migraine, kidney disorders, depression, and asthma.
- Do not consume this medicine in case of sexually transmitted diseases, as it does not manage STD's.
- If you have diabetes you may require testing your blood glucose more often, as this medicine can affect the sugar level in your blood. Take advice from your doctor.