Ovral L Birth Control Pill
Ovral L is an oral combined contraceptive pill containing two synthetic hormones. One is Norgestrel (progestin) and another is Ethinyl estradiol (estrogen). Pregnancy occurs by the working of natural hormones present in the body of women, progestin and estrogen.
Active Working of Ovral L Pills:
Norgestrel and Ethinyl estradiol both work in combination for preventing child birth. It works by blocking the process of ovulation by modifying the cervical mucus and changing the lining of uterus by which fertilization procedure does not continue. It creates problems in the movement of sperm to reach an egg and in the attachment of a fetus to the mother's womb. In this way, Ovral-L prevents the pregnancy in an efficient manner.
Avoid the Use of Ovral-L Birth Control
- If a woman is a smoker and above 35 years of age, should not use Ovral-L.
- Women who are suffering from blood related disorders, severe uncontrolled blood pressure and migraine, should avoid this pill.
- Women allergic to prostaglandins should not use this medication.
- It should not be used by women who are suffering from uterine, liver and breast cancer.
Ovral-L should be kept at room temperature and should be kept away from direct heat and sunlight. Always keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ovral L Tablets:
It is an oral medication. The pack of Ovral-L contains 28 tablets in which 21 tablets are active pill or medicated pills and rest 7, are non-medicated or reminder pill. A female should take one active pill of this medication daily at same time for 21 consecutive days. After this she should start reminder pill and should take on reminder pill daily for seven consecutive days. On day 8th she should start with a new pack of this medication.
Ovral-L use may cause some side effects in some females such as diarrhea, drowsiness, vomiting, loss of scalp hair, change in weight and darkening of facial skin.
A woman must not take this pill in overdose, as it can lead to serious harmful effects in the body. Overdose symptoms may include sudden bleeding, nausea, severe vomiting. In case of overdose right away contact with your physician.
A woman must not miss the dose of this medication if by chance she missed the dose of this medication then she should contact with her physician or follow these instructions-
- If by chance a female miss one active pill then she should take two active pills, on the day she remembers.
- If by chance a female missed two active pills in week 1 or 2, then she should take two active pills for two days along with a backup method of contraception.
- If a female missed two active pills in week 3 or if she missed three active pills in any week, then she should throw the rest of the pills and should start with a new pack.
Precautionary Measures of tablet Ovral L
• Ovral L does not prevent STDs, so you should use another method to reduce the risk of STDs.
• You should not take other medications in combination with this drug; such as Phenobarbital, antibiotics and epilepsy drugs.
• Always use this medication with additional care in case of tuberculosis, depression, epilepsy, adrenal or thyroid disorders.