Yasmin Birth Control Pill
YASMIN comprises of two components one is Ethinyl estradiol and another is Drospirenone. These both compounds are derived from progestin and estrogen. Yasmin is a potent and competent birth control pill. It is useful to prevent pregnancy in most of the cases.
Yasmin inhibits the attachment of a fertilized egg to uterus by changing cervical mucus and altering the uterus lining. Drospirenone induce problems and difficulties in the path of sperm to reach an egg. It also inhibits the process of ovulation.
Contraindications of Yasmin Pill
- Females, who are above than 35 years of age and smoke continuously, should not use this medication.
- A female, who is suffering from some issues like uncontrolled hypertension, severe heart disorders, blood related diseases like blood clotting or circulatory disorders, unusual bleeding from reproductive organ.
- It should not be used by females in case of uterine, liver and breast cancer.
- A female, who is hypersensitive to Drospirenone or Ethinyl estradiol, must avoid this medicine.
You can store this drug at room temperature. You should store it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Yasmin Contraceptive Pill
The pack of Yasmin Pill contains 28 tablets in which 21 are of yellow colour and other 7 tablets are of white colour. Initially a female should start from 21 yellow tablets. It can be started from day 1 of menstrual cycle or on the Sunday. She should take one tablet daily at same time. After consumption of 21 yellow tablets she should take one tablet orally daily from 7 white tablets. On 8th day she should start with a new pack.
It should not be used in large amounts, as it can cause severe damaging effects in the body of a female. In case of this situation you should contact with your medical doctor.
If you forget to take one active pill in any week, then you should consume two active pills on day, as soon as you remember. If you forget to take two active pills in any of 1 or 2 week, then you should consume two active pills for two consecutive days, , as soon as you remember. In this condition she should use backup method of contraception. If you forget to take three active pills in a row in any week then you should throw this pack and start with a new pack.
Side effects of Yasmin are weight gain, vomiting, stomach pain, dizziness, nausea, acne, diarrhea, etc. These side effects do not last for long duration of time.
Safety tips of Yasmin Pill
- The use of some other drugs like antibiotics should be avoided in combination with this drug.
- This drug should be consumed with extra care in some conditions like issues regarding cholesterol level, electrolyte imbalance, epilepsy and tuberculosis.
- If a female is already pregnant, then she should not use this medication.